Welcome to our Pre Primary Phase. We trust that you and your child will be happy and that we will be able to rely on your co-operation during the year.
- A safe and happy environment that enhances learning in a fun way.
- School readiness as per CAPS Dept. documents.
- After school care and holiday care.
- School readiness testing by qualified tester (UP), if needed.
- Ballet class – Mrs Crystal Armitage is a qualified ballet teacher and every girl toddler will have the opportunity to participate during school hours.
- Culture development – Gr. R choir and orchestra.
- Sport development – Rugby, Soccer, Cricket, Hockey and Netball during school hours.
- Main entrance gate – Ross street: Morning – 07:00 until 07:30
- Midday – 12:30 until 13:00
- During school hours the main gate of Drakensberg Primary school must be used. Parents/visitors must report at the Administration Office before they will be allowed to visit the teachers/Pre-Primary.
- During school hours and Aftercare, make use of the entrance at the carports.
For all learners school begins at 07:30 until 12:30
PERMISSION TO FETCH CHILDREN
No person other than those authorized on the child’s registration form, will be allowed to collect them.
Written permission must be made in advance should anyone else collect the child.
AFTER SCHOOL CARE AND HOLIDAY CARE
- Aftercare staff is Ms. Pauli Klemp, Ms. Erika Kruger and …..
- After care facilities are available from 12:30 to 17:30.
- Holiday care is available during all school holidays.
- Holiday care closed on 14 December until the first working day in January.
- Children must please wear old clothes.
- Girls must preferably wear shorts or trousers, if they wears a dress please let them also wear n short pant under their dress.
- Your child’s clothing must be marked clearly.
- Place an extra set of clothes in his/her suitcase every day.
- When collecting your child, make sure that all his/her belongings are taken home.
Drakies sport shirts are available from the office.
LOST CLOTHING WILL BE HANDED OVER TO WELFARE EVERY END OF THE TERM.
MONEY SENT TO THE SCHOOL MUST BE IN A SEALED ENVELOPE, your child’s name, the amount and allocation must be written on the outside.
Example: Peter White R10.00 Excursion
To avoid problems with school fees, we urge you to make use of one of the following options when making payment:
- Debit order that has been arranged with the bank.
- Cash and Bankcard payable in person at the Financial Secretary.
- Direct transfer into our account:
Bank – Absa Bank (Cheque acc)
Account name – Drakensberg Primary School
Account number – 1041760709
Branch number – 632005
You can obtain a reference number from the secretary.
All cheques to be made payable to: DRAKENSBERG PRIMARY SCHOOL.
NO SCHOOL FEES MONEY WILL BE HANDLED BY THE CLASS TEACHER. IT MUST BE PAID IN AT THE OFFICE.
We trust that you will enjoy the circumstances in and around Drakensberg Pre-Primary and that it will be an interesting year for you and your child. Our staff undertakes to teach and educate your child to the best of their ability.
Should you wish to consult with a teacher, this can be arranged through the secretary and will take place after 12:30.
Should you want to bring any matter, positive or negative, under the attention of the school, please feel free to come and discuss it with Ms. Thea Thom or Mr. Hanekom.
May this be a winning year for Drakensberg and more specifically the Pre-Primary Phase.